11 September 2008


Dad brings us to this local Spanish town - Garrucha. Isn't it a lovely place? A big walking path beside the beach,a soft fine sandy beach. Various food selection, I don't mean any English food. This seafood restaurant we eat in is traditional Spanish style. Actually, the way they present seafood is the same like we have in the South. The way they prepare food is more like steamed, fried or boiled. Fresh food and less process which is the best way to enjoy it. Just a piece of lemon and a bit seasoning, bon appetite. The only thing different to me is how Spanish present food. It's on each dish to per person, and we put in the middle of table and pick up per portion to our own plate / bowl. Somehow, I listen to the music, I have the feeling back to Cyprus.
Did I mention it's a local town? So be aware, they won't understand you. But body language is a good start. A big smile! That's all you need. And another thing, Spanish takes break from 2PM-5PM. All the shops will be closed and re-open around 6PM. The tourism area might open all the way thru. I am quite surprised with all those Chinese markets or shops on sea front. I can understand why DC told me he ordered tapas in Chinese in Barcelona.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good good good......