12 May 2008

Something, somewhere, goes wrong since I step out of my bed this morning. Driver mess up the order, well, piece of cake, just 2 containers of rice - solve out! And then back to daily salesperson work. I know DC's flight schedule has been changed before I went to bed. KLM CXL AMS-HKG. DC is rescheduled from AMS-CDG-HKG. We both are not happy to see this happened but what can we do? I am expected him be in HKG by 5:30PM. The first thing in the morning, I give our travel agent a call and complained the KLM's last minute CXL and not completed the HKG-KHH, see what she can do for me. in 10 minutes, she calles back and she puts DC on the late flight from HKG-KHH, by 9:30PM. Meanwhile, there is a major earthquake, which had a magnitude of 7.8, struck at 14:28 local time (0628 GMT) in Chengdu where my parents go for company trip. Mom calles back after Mark calls the office and travel agent. They are safe, and no idea what's next. It looks serious over there. it is on the news that 2 junior high schools collapse and 900 students are buried. God bless them and others!
When I am nearly ready to close the day, I check Air France's website and I get this information, really drive me crazy!!!

Flight statusInformation last updated at 15:53 Paris time All times shown are local times
AF188 Flight left from Paris (CDG) at 23:17 Sun 11 May 08
Flight arrived in Beijing (PEK) at 17:44 Mon 12 May 08
Flight left from Beijing (PEK) at 18:39 Mon 12 May 08
Scheduled arrival in Hong Kong (HKG) at 21:52, Mon 12 May 08
Departure Arrival
Scheduled Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France terminal 2E 23:15 ! 11 May
2008
Hong Kong (HKG) - Hong Kong terminal 1 17:05 ! 12 May 2008
Rescheduled Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France Beijing, Capital Airport (PEK) - China terminal 2
CommentsScheduled arrival terminal 2.
Due to air traffic congestion, the itinerary of flight AF188 has been changed.
Air France takes care of the passengers from departure airport to destination.
New AF flight number AF.
Connecting flight Beijing, Capital Airport (PEK) - China terminal 2 18:20 ! 12 May 2008
Hong Kong (HKG) - Hong Kong terminal 1 21:30 ! 12 May 2008

How can it happen?!?!?! How can they drive him there? KLM CXL DC's AMS-HKG in the last minute, puts him on Air France after he queued up for 3 hours, if I didn't find out from the travel agent's link, I never know where he was or what he has been thru. It's been a long day for my baby. He came back to DUB very late, after a long week in FRA for exhibition. And then an early start to head back home. But it's been a very very very long way to home. My baby has been on the road over 33 hours, and he's still 412 miles away from home. It's late, and he's still out there.
DC calls at 10:37PM that he arrives HKG and airline co puts him in airport hotel. At least, a room for tonight. The other issue pops out. He hasn't been feed yet after 6PM in Beijing and by the time he arrives HKG, all restaurants close down already. "Bad timing", what's this answer? Did I mention DC was running for his life in CDG int'l airport? 30 minutes, salut et au voir! He was running in two terminals, with Muscular dystrophy, coz some Air France staffs believe my DC is superman. How can they do this to him?

No comments: